We are often encouraged to drink a lot of water for clear skin, proper digestion, prevention of constipation, among many other benefits of staying hydrated. However, how do we stay hydrated without putting our healths at the risk of drinking water exposed to harmful elements? By filtering our drinking water through the best water cooler.
You may think that investing in a water cooler is a task that requires a lot of time and opt for bottled water, which is expensive and not environmentally friendly. On the other hand, a water cooler is a long-term investment that will always ensure you drink purified water. This is a guide to help you choose to buy the best water cooler. However, before we look into that, let us see the types of water coolers.
Types of Water Coolers
There are two major types of water coolers; point of use and bottled. Read on to see the differences.
a). Point-of-Use Water Coolers
Point of use water coolers is connected directly into the water supply, like a tap from which they dispense water. A majority of these dispensers have a filtration mechanism to filter out small particles. Their advantage over the bottled coolers is that they are constantly in the supply of water. You can mount a point-of-use water cooler directly to the wall or on upright units. The installation cost is high, but in the long run, you will save more as they do not include bottle refills or deliveries.
b). Bottled Water Coolers
Bottled coolers dispense water from large water jugs. They are classified into different categories, which include the following.
i). Top-Loading Water Cooler
Top loading water coolers are popular because they are affordable. To use a top-loading water cooler, you will need to insert your bottle spout-down onto the top of the cooler. The cooler dispenses water from a jug, which can dispense distilled, spring and mineral water. The main drawback of this type of cooler is loading and unloading the bottle, while its exposed jug is an advantage as it makes it easier to monitor the water level.
ii). Bottom-Loading Water Cooler
Bottom loading water coolers are supplied with water from water bottles mounted in the bottom half of the water cooler. Bottom coolers can dispense distilled, spring, mineral and tap water. These coolers are more expensive than top-loading, but they are easier to use because loading them is easy; however, their plastic jug is not exposed.
c). Counter-top Water Coolers
A countertop water cooler is a smaller version of the standard cooler. It is small to fit on the countertop. These coolers can be point-of-use of dispensing their water from bottles. You can place a counter-top-water cooler on your kitchen counter, the office or waiting rooms as they are portable and require less space.
Now that you know the types of water coolers let us look into our guide and see which one is the best water cooler that will suit you.
Best Water Cooler
1. Avalon Bottom Loading Water Cooler Dispenser
- THREE TEMPERATURES: Three temperature settings allow you to customize your drinking experience. This dispenser features a crisp cold, cool, or piping hot output.
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN: Our sleek stylish stainless steel cabinet will make this water cooler fit right into your home kitchen or office
- LIGHT THE WAY: Our built-in nightlight makes the water spouts clearly visible at night & has an empty-bottle indicator that lights up when the bottle needs to be replaced.
- BOTTOM LOADING WITH BIOGUARD: Our water cooler is bottom loading to eliminate the strain of lifting, reduce spills and is suitable for 3-5 gallon water bottles (BOTTLE NOT INCLUDED). High contact areas are also treated with BioGuard anti-microbial coating to prevent bacteria growth.
- CHILD SAFE: This product is UL Listed and features a child safety lock on the hot water spout so the entire family can use it worry free.
Avalon is a bottom-loading water cooler dispenser that saves you the hassle of lifting 3-5 gallon water bottles during loading. Avalon wants to ensure that you drink our water without being exposed to bacteria, so high contact areas have been treated with bio-guard antibacterial coating to prevent the growth of bacteria.
You can customize your drinking experience with this bottom loading cooler as it allows you to get piping hot, cool or crisp cold water temperature, all with the press of a button. Another interesting feature is the nightlight; for those who drink water at night and don’t want to put on the lights, this nightlight will illuminate the water spout and let you drink your water without accidental spills.
You should also not worry about the water level; Avalon bottom loading dispenser has an indicator that lights up when the bottle is empty. The cooler is also designed with a sleek, stylish stainless steel cabinet that will make it fit in the office or kitchen window perfectly.
Parents with toddlers understand that their kids may sometimes become hyperactive and only buy safe home appliances. This water dispenser is designed with your child’s safety in mind. It is featured with a child safety lock on the hot water spout. It is also UL/ Energy Star Approved.
- Child safety lock on the hot water spout
- Built-in nightlights
- Empty bottle indicator
- Easy to install
- Buttons are hard to push
- May leak
2. Brio Self-Cleaning Bottom Loading Water Cooler Dispenser (Limited Edition)
- CONVENIENT BOTTOM LOAD: Stop struggling to pick up heavy water bottles and simplify your life with the easy bottom load water cooler. Save your back from strains and invest in the cooler that allows for easy bottle replacements, as the bottom load cabinet conveniently keeps your bottle safely tucked away.
- SELF-CLEANING: Maintain the cleanliness of the cooler with the Ozone Self-Cleaning feature. Enjoy the ease of maintaining a clean cooler with minimal effort, simply press the button and let the unit take care of the rest.
- HOT, COLD & ROOM TEMPERATURE: When you use our water cooler dispenser you can choose between crisp cold, room-temperature and piping hot output, making it ideal for cool refreshments or toasty beverages.
- NIGHTLIGHT: Nightlight feature gives visibility in the dimmest settings. Never struggle to see what is being poured or accidentally dispense from the wrong spout. The nightlight also allows for full visual access to the removable drip tray, so you know when it is time to clean it.
- CHILD-SAFETY LOCK: Never worry about accidental pouring of hot water again with the two-step dispensing on the hot-water spout. Simply release the lock located above the dispensing button and enjoy soothing hot water at your fingertips. Rest assured that the safety of you and your loved ones are in the hands of Brio Water Engineers.
No more struggling with lifting heavy water bottles to load the Brio self-cleaning water cooler dispenser. All you have to do is place your bottle in the lower cabinet and connect it to the pump. It is constructed with a stylish superior quality 304 stainless steel for optimum quality.
With the easy-to-access buttons, this water dispenser gives you the option of crisp cold, room temperature and piping hot water, which makes it ideal for making hot and cold beverages. Brio self cleans to maintain its hygiene; with the ozone self-cleaning feature, all you need to do is press a button, and the dispenser will do the rest.
When the lights are very dim, or the room is dark, you can still get your water without spilling or dispensing from the wrong spout. The nightlights will illuminate the spouts to make your work easier.
It is also important to note that this dispenser has a light to indicate when you need a water refill. The dispenser also has This dispenser also features a removable drip tray that helps contain water drips and can be cleaned easily. The brio water cooler has a child safety lock that ensures you and your children are safe from the accidental pouring of hot water.
- It self clean with the ozone technology
- Child safety lock
- Removable drip tray
- Does not work quietly
- May stop working after a few months
3. Avalon A1 Top Loading Water Cooler Dispenser
- HOT & COLD WATER SPOUTS: When you use our water cooler dispenser you can choose between a Crisp Cold & Piping Hot Output, making it ideal for cool refreshments or toasty beverages.
- CHILD SAFE: Our water cooler dispenser is UL Listed and features a child safety lock on the hot water spout so the entire family can use it worry free!
- INNOVATIVE & STYLISH DESIGN: Avalon’s Top Loading Water Cooler Dispenser features a slim design that won’t look bulky, even in small spaces, and fits in any corner of the home.
- TIME SAVING: Our top loading water cooler dispenser saves time when you need to make a quick cup of tea, hot cocoa, or instant soup! You never have to wait for a pot or kettle to boil.
- TOP LOADING DISPENSER: This water cooler dispenser loads from the top & allows you to spot if the dispenser is running out of water, which is a great feature for office settings.
Avalon top-loading water cooler dispenser is designed in an innovative slim style that occupies minimal space in your home and can be placed in rooms with small spaces as it is slim and will not look bulky. It dispenses hot and cold water, depending on what you want. This makes it suitable for making hot beverages or cool refreshments, which can help you save a few minutes instead of waiting for a kettle to boil when you need to fix a quick cup of hot tea.
It also features a built-in puncture rod for the use of spillproof caps during bottle changing. Avalon top-loading water cooler is UL/ Energy Star Approved and also has a child safety lock on the hot water spout to guarantee safety during usage. This water cooler dispenser loads from the top and enables you to see when your bottle is almost empty so that you can refill it.
- Has the option for a crisp cold and piping hot output
- It is chid safe as it has a lock on the hot water spout
- Very slim hence occupies a small space
- It is easy to install and use
- Works quietly
- The bottle is exposed so you can see when a refill is needed
- Does not have a storage underneath
- Some customers complain about leakages
4. Primo Bottom Loading Water Cooler
- Coupons for Primo water included - Redeemable at thousands of retail locations nationwide
- Dispenses ice-cold, cool, and piping-hot water with the push of a button. Hot water includes child-resistant safety feature
- Easy bottom loading design eliminates lifting and flipping while loading Primo water. Bottles are concealed inside the cabinet for a clean look. No plumbing required!
- Stainless steel door panel and water reservoirs provide durability and the removable, stainless steel drip tray is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- Includes a 1-Year Limited Warranty
Primo bottom loading water cooler can support three and 5-gallon water jugs and dispenses ice-cold water, room temperature water and hot water, making it ideal for making refreshing drinks and hot beverages by the push of a button. This cooler has a child-resistant safety feature to prevent accidental hot water spills.
It is easy and quick to load as it does not require lifting and flipping. Once you load the cooler, the bottle remains concealed inside, and this ensures it looks neat. The door panel and the water reservoirs are made with stainless steel to enhance durability.
It also has a stainless steel drip tray which is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. Primo bottom loading is UL certified and Energy Star Rated, and it has a one-year limited warranty.
- Three temperature settings
- Child-resistant safety feature
- Removable dishwasher safe drip tray
- Only compatible with Primo bottles
5. Primo Top Loading Water Cooler
- COUPONS for Primo water included: $5 OFF a bottle of pre-filled exchange water + a FREE self-service water refill. Redeemable at thousands of retail locations nationwide.
- No plumbing required.
- 3 WATER TEMPERATURES: On-demand ICE-COLD, COOL, and PIPING-HOT water so you can prepare your favorite beverages and instant meals in seconds.
- BRRR / AHHH: Cools water to 39.2 degrees; heats to at least 188.5 degrees
- THREE-SPOUT DESIGN: One for each water temperature.
Primo top loading water cooler can hold a three or 5-gallon water bottle and includes a spillproof bottle holder and a leak guard to ensure you don’t get any spills and drips that may damage your floor or carpet. It also features a drip tray.
Besides room temperature water, the Primo cooler also dispenses hot and cold water. Installing it is easy as no plumbing is required. For safety purposes, it has a two-step child-resistant feature. Primo is made with stainless steel material to match your decor and to make it more durable. An LED night light ensures you get a glass of water without spilling it, even when the room is dim.
- It features three temperature settings
- Has a spillproof bottle holder with a leak guard
- The first few gallons taste like plastic
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Water Cooler
If you want the best water cooler dispenser, there are many options to choose from, which may make you confused and not know which one to buy. That is why we have helped narrow down the list and make your search a little easier. This guide, however, is to help you see the important factors that you should consider before you make the purchase.
a). Water Temperature
Water coolers dispense cool water at room temperature and crisp cold water, as well as hot water. Others only dispense hot and cold water. Therefore, considering your preferences, you may get one with three water temperature options or two. Models that have the hot water option heat it enough to make a cup of hot beverage.
b). Filtration System
If your cooler takes mineral water or spring bottles, then this shouldn’t be a concern; however, if you want a point-of-use water cooler, the filtration feature will matter a lot. Although tap water in most parts of the US is safe to drink, it contains trace amounts of minerals that are not safe if consumed in large amounts. Therefore, a cooler with an efficient filtration system will do you good.
c). Self-Cleaning Technology
Stagnant water is known to breed bacteria. If you live alone or two in a house and have a whole bottle of water to drink, it may take a while before it needs a refill. Some water coolers have a self-cleaning system that ensures no bacteria is harboured in the water lines so that you can guarantee clean water throughout. Therefore, you may consider getting a self-cleaning water cooler dispenser.
d). Child Safety Feature
Children are always attracted to units that come with buttons and lights. Water coolers have such characteristics and can be dangerous if kids play around them and dispense hot water. The best water coolers are featured with child safety features to prevent accidental scalds, ensuring your children, and even yourself, don’t pour the hot water accidentally as the hot water spout remains secured.
Every household has a different number of people and different needs regarding a cooler’s capacity. However, getting a water cooler with a high capacity will save you from having to refill it now and then. In-office settings where there are many people, you will need a water cooler to hold a larger water bottle to ensure that people get enough drinking water without frequent refills.
f). Ease of Use
You don’t want a water cooler that you will spend hours figuring out how it works. If you have children, you will need one that is very simple to use so that each family member can have access to cold and hot water whenever they desire without having to reach for an adult’s help. It should also have easily accessible buttons.
Now that you have read about the best coolers, which one are you going to buy? Have you made up your mind yet? A water cooler will help save your money, and it will also save the environment that bottled water keeps polluting. As you make a choice, make it wisely, and I hope you order a water cooler soon.