Pineapples are known in bringing out the natural sweetness in every meal. This fruit is well-known in Hawaii, a place where many Asians reside. No wonder the teriyaki sauce from Japan easily blended with the taste buds of Hawaiian residents.
Although Hawaii is popular for its pineapples, do you know that they are not native to the islands? The origin of this juicy fruit is South America. However, during the early 1900s, Hawaii grew one of the largest pineapple industry that is why pineapple is often associated with the place.
Let us see how this juicy fruit blended well with Japan’s authentic flavors.
What to Prepare to Make Teriyaki Sauce with Pineapple
First, let us study how to prepare the teriyaki sauce with pineapple.
- soy sauce (1 cup)
- medium size orange (juiced)
- mirin (1/2 cup)
- Water (1/2 cup)
- brown sugar (1/4 cup)
- minced garlic (1 1/2 teaspoons)
- minced ginger (1 1/2 teaspoons)
- cornstarch (1 tablespoon) dissolved in water (1 tablespoon)
- fresh pineapple (1 cup)
These are some of the ingredients needed and you will notice that they are authentic Japanese style teriyaki sauce ingredients. Also, the ingredients used are of high-quality, organic, and fresh.
How to Make Teriyaki Sauce Using Pineapple Juice Step-by-step
Now, let’s try the teriyaki sauce pineapple juice mixture using the same ingredients. The only difference is that you can buy a canned pineapple juice or put the fresh fruit inside a juicer.
- Mix all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Stir consistently until everything is dissolved.
- Switch on the stove and put it on medium-high temperature.
- Let the mixture boil for one minute.
- Make sure to stir constantly until the sauce thickens.
Teriyaki Sauce Recipe With Pineapple Juice – The Easiest Way for You to Follow
We are done creating the teriyaki sauce with pineapple but is there another way to create it? Here’s an alternative:
- sherry (1/4 cup)
- soy sauce (1/2 cup)
- chicken stock (3/4 cup)
- pineapple juice (1/2 cup)
- brown sugar (1/4 cup)
- freshly grated ginger (1 tbsp)
- Boil the sherry in a saucepan.
- Add the fresh grated ginger, brown sugar, pineapple juice, chicken stock, and soy sauce.
- Wait for the mixture to boil.
- Once it started boiling, lower the temperature and let the sauce simmer.
- Allow the mixture to cool down before putting it in a jar for storage.
Now that we’ve seen how easy and simple it is to create a teriyaki sauce with pineapple, do you think it is more economical to cook it rather than buy at grocery stores? It really depends on your time. If you don’t have much time to cook then probably the best way is to buy ready-made teriyaki sauce.
On the other hand, think about the benefits of creating your own teriyaki sauce with pineapple. It’s homemade. You can gauge the cleanliness of its preparation and cooking handling. Automatically considered health status while preparing the ingredients and their respective proportions. It’s cheaper except if you will use imported ingredients.
And did I say this before? Or should I repeat this once again: It’s very easy and simple to make.